Saturday, September 26, 2009



I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about life, family, and happiness. I used to sit on the beach in Hawaii and watch the families having fun in the waves and on the beach. I remember thinking that I too would love to raise my kids in the salty sea air and water. So different from how I was raised in land-locked, bitter-cold Idaho. We have enjoyed our time on the Gold Coast and here in Cairns but we know it is time to move on. Although I will always prefer tropical weather; I have come to realize that being close to family is more important than the beach. Perhaps that is the definition of heaven- living in a beautiful (warm) place with family and good friends. Tim and I have decided that we are moving early next year; we are not quite sure where yet. Wherever it is we do know this-that it will be cold but close to family. We can't wait!
Pictures found here - http://adamapalmer.com/

6 comments:

Wolff Pack said...

awesome... so does that mean that you are coming to Dalmeny this year?! :)

Misty Johnson said...

oh! That is sooo sad for Cairns! I understand but still! I guess I have that luxury of having family around me here. Whatever you decide and wherever you decide, hope it will bring some added peace! Without a doubt though, you are leaving one of the most beautiful places in the world. Happy packing..

Steven said...

So where am I going to go for holidays. We were supposed to have a regular shindig in Cairns. Admittedly I haven't done my part in getting there regularly but still the hope was always there...
I don't recommend small country towns like Broadford.

Joanne said...

So come to Sydney. You can have family and warm weather!!

Tim and Jill said...

Elsi-unfortunately no Dalmeny for us again. We will still be in Cairns during that time.

Misty-Thanks! We will always have a special place in our hearts for beautiful Cairns.

Steven-Hurry up!! you still have some time! No, Broadford is definitely not on the short list.

Joanne- that sounds tempting. I am afraid sydney would eat us alive. We are small town folks now!

Bekah said...

Yay! A link to Adam!