Friday, February 6, 2009

Hello From Dad

Hello Everyone,

This is my first attempt to post a blog ever. I fully support the Wolf'N' Stuff blog site it's a great way to keep in touch and know what everyone is doing. It's really a modern version of the Rancie family newsletter and has the advantage that the work of collecting and publishing is not left to one person alone. That can be also a disadvantage because there is no one person to push it along. Perhaps Tim since you have started it you might be able to send out a monthly reminder to all of us.

As you all know Mum and I have relocated from the Gold Coast to Seaford. Lizzie is with us and we are all enjoying Kananook Ave. together. Melbourne is very different to the Gold Coast, being larger, hotter (at the present) and very, very dry. There are no beautiful green lawns, tropical trees, green hills or running creeks and rivers. You may be relieved to know that Lucas and Elsi will be renting our Helensvale house; so visits to the Gold Coast might still be an option.

On Australia Day weekend Lizzie and I drove up to Gordon on sunday afternoon. We started a campfire and waited for Steven and his girls to join us. When they did we cooked dinner - baked beans and tinned casserole for me. T-bone steak and salad for Steven for the girls. Perhaps success has made him a little more fussy about food.

On Monday Lizzie and I dug and watered around the fruit trees and drove home to Seaford at lunchtime feeling quite satisfied with a job well done. Just as well because in the following week temperatures rose up to the mid 40's. I hope you will all take the opportunity, when you can, to come and have a campfire with us at Gordon; it's usually peaceful and a pleasant rural scene. We intend to put a house on it as soon as we can.

I have started a new job in Melbourne. This week I flew to South Australia to visit some wind farms. They are impressive. The towers are 80m tall and the blades reach up to 124m.

I hope to see some blogs from as many as possible.

Dad

4 comments:

Tim and Jill said...

thanks for your post, nick- I enjoyed getting an update. Spoke to Caroline who is very keen to get started "blogging" but is waiting for you to come to England and give her a tutorial. Love, Jill

rae said...

I feel like an intruder, hope it alright , and i can check out the pictures of Reef and Ali, and catchup on some news. Rob and I would love to water tress at gordon some time

RAE

Steven said...

Hey Dad, We shared our steak with you too and I didn't hear you complaining about the successful steak then

Steven said...

Of course it's ok to lurk for material for the ties.