Friday, July 3, 2009

First Friday Interview: Josh


What is your favourite colour?
Although unoriginal, blue is and has always been my favourite colour.
What is your favourite city?
Being the least travelled member of the family, (MTC in Hamilton, NZ doesn't count) my world view is very limited. However, without hesitation, my favourite city in Australia is Fremantle, WA. There is something about the contrast of the bright blue Indian Ocean with the earthy sandstone buildings, shady parks, and ocean breeze every afternoon that soothe and relax me. Because of the glitz and lights of the Gold Coast (and of course the great beaches and perfect climate) I remain proudly fond of my former home city despite its undeserved reputation.
What is your favourite thing to cook?
I don't cook nor do I enjoy cooking; why should I, Debora is a great cook and she loves to cook. I admit to being a fan of Masterchef and while my cooking skills have not increased, I am great at critiquing the contestants' dishes.
What beauty product can you not live without?
Minoxidil (hair loss treatment) I choose to believe it works.
What is your favourite restaurant?
The breakfast buffet at Sheraton Mirage on the Gold Coast.
What is one thing you can't help but splurge on?
I don't have any discretionary money to splurge. I do, however, splurge on Debora's desserts and puddings.
What is your favourite word?
At the moment, Allegra.
What is your favourite thing to do on the weekend?
Kick the footy with Isaak and Sariah in the backyard, chop wood for the fireplace, watch Collingwood on T.V. and then maybe a DVD with Debora at night curled up in front of the fire. That pretty much describes my typical weekend.
What TV show makes you the happiest?
Seinfeld still makes me laugh.
What is your favourite sport to participate in?
Beach Cricket.
What is one trend that totally victimized you?
The whole decade of 2000, with the move to tight fitted jeans and shirts does not agree with my body shape. I still dress the same as I did in the 90's, thankfully I wear suits 6 out of 7 days of the week.
If you could trade lives with anyone for a day, who would you choose?
Robbie. He lives such a carefree and stress-free life; go to the gym, go to the beach, spur of the moment decision to go to Japan, and not responsible for or answerable to anyone.
What is your favourite comfort food?
Pudding.
What celebrity do you most resemble?
It has been a natural digression over the last decade or so. Before the mission, some people would tell me that I looked a bit like Brad Pitt. Later I was told I looked a bit like Shane Warne. The latest: Ethan Suplee. You know him as the overweight dimwitted brother on My Name is Earl. Thanks to Tim and Jill for that one!
What three things are your most treasured (material) possessions?
Lord of the Rings DVDs 1, 2, & 3 extended versions with additional bonus material.
What three things are your most treasured (non-material) possessions?
Of course, Isaak, Sariah, and Allegra.
What do you usually have for breakfast?
Grapefruit juice and toast. Often on saturday Debora whips up a cooked breakfast.
What is your favourite childhood memory?
Freedom at Dalmeny, the challenge of walking to Potato Point, scrounging $2 to buy chips with chicken salt from the chicken shop across the road at Dalmeny.
Thanks Josh!!

Post-script: We do not believe that Josh bears any resemblance to "Randy Hickey" this comment was taken completely out of context. On the scale of Brad Pitt being 10 and Earl's brother being 1 he is definitely a 9.

4 comments:

Wolff Pack said...

what a crack up!

Wolff Pack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wolff Pack said...

I like the part about trading places with Robbie... except he didn't end up going to Japan because his passport went through the washing machine! haha! what a waste!

Steven said...

You do look like the guy from the Earl show