Sunday, July 12, 2009

MY FIRST SNOW TRIP


Mummy, Daddy and Aunty Lizzie took me up to the snow for the first time ever in my whole entire life. It was a whole lot of fun. We got to ride in a snow cat (that's a kind of a big van on tracks instead of wheels) up to our Lodge. We stayed at the Nelse Lodge and it was really nice. Everyone was so friendly and you can ski right from the front door, down to the chair lift that takes you up to the top of the mountain. That's where all the big people went everyday. I had to stay in the lodge most of the time because I still had a little bit of a cold from the week before but everyday I went for a walk with either Mummy or Daddy down to Falls Express to get lunch. My Daddy was snowboarding and he's getting really good. He can almost make it down to the bottom without falling over and Mummy and Aunty Lizzie must be good at skiing by now because the man who runs the park gave them free private lessons...and free beanies but they felt bad and went back and paid for those.












Mummy hurt her knee skiing so I got to spend the next whole day with her. She's ok now but it meant she couldn't ski the rest of the trip. She felt a bit sad but says that we live so close we'll just go back another day. The Lodge also had a heated pool and a hot spa and Mummy and Aunty Lizzie made the most of that on our last night. The food at the lodge was excellent...of course I wouldn't really know because I still only drink milk but that's what the big people kept saying.
So that was my first trip to the snow. I had a great time and can't wait 'til I get a bit bigger and can be one of those Milo kids skiin' around up on the mountain. I wish everyone could've been there. It was really great fun. Hopefully one day we can all go up there together and have even more fun!

2 comments:

Wolff Pack said...

looks too cold for me! sounds like fun though...

Tim and Jill said...

Reef, thanks for the post. You look like the coolest kid ever to grace the slopes.